Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One more growl.

So, I waited for Bill (old tenant) for 3 hours yesterday afternoon. He finally called and said, "I'll be there in ONE hour". So, I left, came back in one hour. He had driven by and saw I wasn't there and left. I said, "Why didn't you CALL me, or wait five minutes you KNEW I was going to be back there at 7:00". (He drove by at 6:55, I wasn't there, so he left). I told him that I had waited for him for 3 hours yesterday and 11 hours the day before, he surely could have waited for me for 10 minutes. He said, "Well, I couldn't get in....." I said, "Bill, you have the garage door opener." " Oh, yeah, I forgot." So, we were going to meet up at 8:00 this morning. He just called, "I don't have a truck." We said, "It HAS to be gone this morning." He said, "Yeah, I know, because we are leaving this afternoon for Texas, but it is so much stuff." To that I replied, "Both Steve and I have been there to help you....and you don't come." Growl, growl and double growl. Well, if they don't come this morning, then we are going to haul it to the dump.......and they can sue us. They owe us more than their junk is worth anyway. [Query: Where are they getting the money to drive to Texas, when they don't have ANY MONEY to pay the WATER BILL. Also, how have the spend the last several nights at the Marriott??????] The 'worry' of all of this renders me sleepless, so I am a bit GRUMPY this morning. Well, I'm not really grumpy, just frustrated! Still frustrated this afternoon.
One funny thing: I stopped by where Teisa worked to have her sign a form that gave us permission to throw their 'junk' away. Just in case she was hostile, I had a legal form ready as their 'last' option before court. She saw me, started screaming, "You have no right to come to a public place, this is where I work, you can not come here to a public place and give this to me. I am going to call my lawyer." Well, I do know one thing, I CAN go to any public place----so I handed her the legal paper and left. And now they are on their way to Texas to watch a football game...............

3 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

I want to go to texas. Maybe I should stop paying our mortgages so I can have the money to go. What a great idea! Just think of all the money we'd save if we just didn't pay our bills! We'd be RICH!

Kristen said...

I like Annie's comment!!! But HOLY COW. I can't believe it. I thought they were 'nice' people? Drives me crazy. I just read an extra credit book for my Educational Psychology class about school bullying. I can't even believe the types of things people feel fine about doing. Um, hello, people are people just like you. How would you like it? And how about some common courtesy? And some thinking before doing? Grrr. People are dumb. Good luck with everything. I wish I was there to say, "WAIT. You cannot go to Texas when you still have obligations in Utah. Get your backside back to my parents house and get rid of your JUNK!! Thank you, and goodbye." :)

Allie Thornbrue said...

Good gracious. I don't know how you deal emotionally with these people!