Saturday, September 5, 2009

Our simple garden


The only place I had for a garden was between my cherry trees.....it worked!

That is one BIG zucchini plant! *The fence is 6 feet tall, the plant close to 3!

The zucchini and yellow squash plants dwarf our little evergreen tree!

I pick between 6 and 10 squash every day from this plant. I picked them 'all' this morning. Now it is afternoon!

Dad, listening for the score (BYU/Oklahoma) between mowing the front and back yards. Such a cute picture of dad. I love it!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Holy Squash, Batman! Great job, and I love the use of it as landscaping. :)

I try to plant every year. We always get beans, tomatos, herbs, and peppers, but we just don't have the sun in our yard for squash. I'm going to try moving it to the side of the house next year, maybe I'll have similar pictures to show then.

Lloyd Family said...

Beautiful!!

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Squash plants are actually quite pretty, with those big full leaves. I've never seen them "in isolation" in order to admire them properly.

Stephanie said...

Thank you, Aunt Lori, your comment really meant the world to me, brought tears to my eyes...it's been a really rough day (luckily, I don't have them that often).

Michaelangelo said...

Yay squash! Between your squash and our tomatoes we could have a really fun food fight!

angel said...

Fun! I love gardens! We've eaten two zuchinnis from our garden so far, and we have a TON of tomatoes that are almost ripe!