Thursday, February 14, 2008

We woke up in the morning......

So, it was up to me to shovel the sidewalks. See that thing with a hole in the top sticking out of where I stopped shoveling for a moment. That is an 18 inch ruler, with a one inch 'handle' with a hole in the top. Needless to say it took me quite a while to shovel the walks, and then I only did one snow shove width!! Luckily the sidewalk drifts were lower than the yard......our yard is up to my waiste!! Yesterday morning the sidewalks were bare!! No wonder it took Lisa 3 hours to get home from work!! (And more than 2 to get TO work today...her car was snowed into a 5 foot drift, and her entire street was a 4 foot drift.......little hard to drive through....she had to be pushed!! While she was stuck, there were 2 other cars stuck on her street!! I just stayed home.
Now you know why we kept Annie, Cade and Brennan here last night!

3 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

Holy Moley. One could have a heart attack shoveling that!

Michaelangelo said...

Sorry I couldn't help you shovel Mom-- I wanted to! Our front steps were invisible when I got home. It looked like a sledding hill from our front door down. I did shovel that off a little for the mailman. It was a crazy storm... thanks for keeping us- I just detest driving in the snow!! Thanks so much for taking care of us-- it's so nice to know I can call you anytime if I need help. I think we'll be okay tomorrow, so I'll give you a nice long weekend!! Love you!

Lloyd Family said...

That is a crazy anount of snow.