Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ewwwwwww!

 
For all you Oregonians/Washintonians and others that live in prettier parts of the country......this is OUR lawn. [It is flattened from being under a ton of snow for 3 months...and hasn't started the 'fluff up' process.  It is much greener than any of the neighbors lawns, which look like this: {This lawn was not flattened, because it gets enough sun to melt the snow early.....most are yellow as below and flattened too.)


Straw bale yellow........
Our view is this:


We beg for snow to cover it up!!!!
Spring is still nearly two months away!
Dad just looked and said, "Where is that?"  I said, "Our yard, the neighbors yard and our view"  He said, "Whoa, that is REALLY UGLY"
We try to avoid looking!
{P.S.--the view is pretty......the mountains awesome.....it's just the brown of it all....}

4 comments:

angel said...

I actually think that the "view" is pretty. The mountains look beautiful, and the land just looks natural. The lawns, on the other hand, look pretty ugly. I do prefer the green color of our lawn, though not the light-colored mossy section on the other side of the driveway! I really need to do something about that...

angel said...

Spring doesn't happen for another two months? Really?
I've kind of gotten used to spring in February here, but this year we had it in January. That was surprising!

Michaelangelo said...

Yuck. It's so disgusting out. You know what I was sad about? When we went over to the old house the other day I saw that all of my crocus' were in bloom, and my tulips were poking up, and my daffodils were a couple of inches above the ground. Our new yard has NOTHING. Sad.

2Grandmas2 said...

Not to worry...I may have mowed my lawn, but most of it is moss!!