Saturday, March 13, 2010

It is the morning of a new day!

Good Saturday Morning to everyone!  It is the WEEKEND!!!  I am so excited. I think I have been tired most of the week, and had a headache most of the week, so I am hoping to have some sleep catch up time.  (Bad weeked for it as it is Spring Forward, which puts me back getting up in the darkness........)
Kristen and Alex will be here on Tuesday, as they are on Spring Break!  I'm glad, I've missed them!
I'm going to finish Sara's Valances today!!!  That is about all that is on my agenda!  Dad had had the opportunity to help clean the chandelier in the Celestial Room in the temple.  The Stake President was cleaning the one in the foyer.  The Stake President broke one of the crystals.  The maintenance chief said, "Don't tell anyone, but you can take it home with you".....and so he got one of the beautiful crystals. [It was don't tell anyone because they don't want people breaking any crystals 'on purpose' so they get to take them home.......!]   Last night dad and I admired the extra sparkle of the super--just washed-- chandeliers.  Breath taking, really.   When we came out of the temple (we went to the 5:00 session).......it was just that perfect time of night when the lights of the city are sparkling, yet the mountains are still a little pink from the sunset.  What a BEAUTIFUL view!

2 comments:

angel said...

Good Saturday morning to you! I'm glad you got to go to the temple last night. It IS a beautiful one!

Stephanie said...

Hmmmm, "don't tell anyone" and the temple don't seem to go together real well :) But, hey, I have a piece of granite from the Raleigh Temple given to me from the head architect (shhhhhhhhh). Have a great weekend finishing your valence - I'll be making some, too, for Wesley's new bedroom set if I can find the right pillow cases at Target today. Happy sewing :)