Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Huh?

 I went to sub in a 2nd grade classroom yesterday.  Here were the sub plans:

1.  Take roll (no seating chart, no list of kids names, no nothing......so I asked them their names and who was missing.......)
2.  Have students write in planners and put homework in planners.  (Where's the homework?}
3.  Do fraction puzzles (no puzzles)
4.  Do fraction worksheet.  (This WAS there)
5.  Do centers.  I told the kids 'It is time for centers', thinking that they would 'go and do'.  They said, "What are we supposed to do.....the teacher always sets it all up for us, and has stuff for us to work on."  [great.........]
6.  All recesses today, you have duty.
7.  Annie will come in at 11:08 and work with one group while you work with another.  She didn't come in until 11:35.  What was I supposed to do with the other group?  Naturally, I asked Annie.  Her response, "Dunno."  That was all she said to me the 1/2 hour she was there......!
8.  Have students do pages 21-29.  (What book?)
9.  Have students go down to the kindergarten class and read to them.  (What class, what time?)
10.  Clean up.  Don't forget to give students their necklace.  (What necklaces?)
Anyway, it made for a rather long and interesting day!  (What time is recess, lunch, etc.)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's crazy! I can't imagine making sub plans for a core class, but mine were always extremely detailed - of course, that probably offended some substitutes who were familiar with music and thought I was treating them like idiots causing them to probably make a post on their blog about the anal retentive music teacher they just subbed for, but you never know who you'll get to cover your classes. Despite the horrific lesson plans, I hope the children were well behaved. I'd make sure to mention it to the GLC (unless, she/he IS the grade level chair :P )

Michaelangelo said...

Nice. Wow. Only you could be creative enough to fill the time, so good for you!

angel said...

Wow! I'm glad you made it through that day! How could you possibly follow those plans?

Lloyd Family said...

That is utterly ridiculous.