Thursday, February 25, 2010

Odds and Ends

 
It was scary at first to go down the 'dark' slide and  then it was just 'so much fun'!!!


Brennan:  "I just love it, love it!"  In fact, the next morning he was up, dressed and his bed was made (he can't fold his blankets, so he makes them into snowballs!) and he was ready to go to the park at 6:30 am!
 
I am NOT a rocket scientist, but I am the MOTHER of a rocket scientist, and I find this toy to be utterly frustrating.  The kiddos got the little hamster things for Christmas, along with this habitat.  The hamsters are great.  The habitat is NOT kid friendly (though they love playing with it when it is put together).  I finally resorted to masking tape.  It was more a job for duct tape, but I didn't have any.  Why would any toy manufacturer think it was okay to have a toy that needs to be put together be soooooo hard that even an adult has difficulty?????

 
Miss Ray with her wooden pieces and some colored pencils.  Very fun!

 
Lisa came on Friday night to watch the Olympics with me!  Notice what she does as she is 'relaxing' watching the Olympics?  Poor baby girl.............

5 comments:

2Grandmas2 said...

Are you sure there is a bit of Dad in Lisa? She looks so much like you! Wow!
Those hamster things...they get you going and coming don't they? I settled on the safe "boat" for the grandkid to save spending an arm and a leg (I have a few extra legs, but no arms to donate to the cause)

Michaelangelo said...

I agree with the hamster house... it's a great toy, but so hard to put together. Funny kids on the slide! Thanks for taking all these pictures! And yes, Lisa definitely needs to relax without grading :)

Lloyd Family said...

Looks like fun!

Stephanie said...

Don't feel bad about the hamster thing - I was just at a friends home today who had one and that thing does not fit together well.

Bet Lisa can't wait for Spring Break!

angel said...

Thanks for the fun bits of information and the cute pictures. And look at the big grin on Lisa's face despite the huge pile of work. She's like the Energizer Bunny I think, just keeps going and going!