Friday, February 12, 2010

Masks!


 
We made some fancy masks.  These are replica's of Kahn masks.  [Chinese]  Cade wanted to know why Chinese was so scary.  The book of masks, of course, had not scary masks, like giraffes.  They didn't want to make those.  It was successful in that it was a messy project, and EmmaRay only stuck 5 sequins up her nose!  Last night Cade began SCREAMING (really like the house was on fire).  I ran in.  He was sitting on the side of the bed.  I said, "Cade, what is the matter?"  He said, "What is a biscuit?"  I said, "A kind of bread."  He said, "Oh, I was wondering and I didn't know."  All that screaming because he didn't know what a biscuit was!  A heart attack that was at least good for a laugh!
Query?  What made him think of biscuits......we didn't read anything about biscuits, we didn't eat biscuits...???  What ever goes on in those dreams?...?.....? :)
I thought I would be 'smart' and take the boys potty just as I was heading for bed.  I warned them when I put them to be that I would do that (so I didn't have to wake up in the night to do it).  So, I got Brennan up first.  Carried him in, told him to stand on his feet, got him ready, said, 'go' and 'go' he did.  Carried him back to bed.......all was well.  Then I carried Cade in.  He would not stand up........so I was sort of holding him and pulling down his zipper (a bit awkward).  I got him ready and said, "go'.  He started screaming.  (He screams loud).  I was soothing......just 'go' and you can go back to bed.  No go.  By this time he was pretty hysterical.  I managed to get him back into bed (screaming uncontrollably by now).  I tried to calm him down and/or wake him up so he would quit.  I couldn't, so I left him screaming in his bed.  About 30 seconds later he was back asleep.  I don't think I will try that again.  Live and learn!

4 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

crazy kids! cute masks :) thanks a million.

Kristen said...

I'd probably have nightmares, too, if I didn't know what a biscuit was!! Funny!

Lloyd Family said...

Funny! Cute masks. What fun!1

angel said...

Those are neat! I love the story about the biscuit.