Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pretty smart for a just turned 5 year old.


Cade asked me to ask him a question.  So, I said, "Cade, what is 4 + 5?"  He immediately piped up "9", to which I replied, "Wow, that was fast."  So he said, "Well, 5+5 is 10, and four is just one less than five, so it's 9."  I thought that was incredible logic for a just turned 5 year old.  He also cuts like a 3rd grader or better.  He can actually cut things out as well as I can............including fingers, curls in hair, and the finest details.  Amazing!!!  Smart boy.  Add that to all of the other incredibly smart grandchildren, and we are raising a mighty fine younger generation in our family.

4 comments:

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Besides that, he has a cute grin!

2Grandmas2 said...

These, my dear, are the blessings we must concentrate on when things seem so very difficult. ;-)

angel said...

Wow! That IS good!

Allie Thornbrue said...

You can comment on my parents' blog, but my dad reads it first, and then posts it. He is in contact with too many crazy, irresponsible, students. That, and it is a way to notify him that someone has left a comment.