Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Poor girl

One more thing about today at school. The kids were 'working' on a math assignment.....most of them just 'didn't get it, so I was going around helping those that needed help. One girl hadn't even started, so I said, "here, let me help you". She cringed when I got near her and said ,"I don't want help." At the end of the period I went around picking up papers. I grabbed hers from her desk. She grabbed for it, but I just moved on. She had written 4 poems at the bottom. Three were about no matter how much she cut herself, she hurt so bad she couldn't bleed, and the other one was about how she just wanted to die. I took it straight to the counseling center. Poor girl needs more help than I do!!

1 comment:

angel said...

Oh dear. Poor children. It makes you wonder about what home life is like. And how ever are children like that supposed to grow up and be adults that hold down jobs and raise children and so forth. Yikes.