Monday, November 3, 2008

Hats


Last week in RS we were told that our Christmas project this year was to provide hats for the homeless shelter. Each woman was to knit (with the hoop knitter) 5 hats. I had tried making ONE hat with a hoop knitter a couple of years ago and got bored to tears.......couldn't even manage baby size, so I finished it for a doll!!! However, I do have a knitting machine!! I can make a hat start to finish in about an hour...........So I made 4 yesterday and one today! My 5 are DONE!! Hurrah!! The two that are really dark are multicolored purple.....really pretty!

4 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Yay for Mom!! They look great :)

angel said...

Those are great hats, Mom!
I was just noticing yesterday how many of Joshua's favorite things have come from you. Thank you so much!

Lloyd Family said...

Cool machine! You have a knitter, an ebroiderer, a surger. . . isn't that kind of cheating?

Lori Thornbrue said...

Well, probably.......but it sure makes the work go faster...it is kind of like having a washer, drier, dishwasher, vacuum........just on the 'creating' side. I knit one more hat (well, actually since the picture 3 more), but one is a really cute fuzzy purple that I think I will give to Summer for Christmas. It is very cute!