Sunday, September 28, 2008

They MOVED!!! +4 happy things more

After getting the Ure's rebuttal to our suit for summary judgement on Friday.....and staying up until 3:00 am to make sure we had concrete evidence to hack down all of their 'points', I had a set of nerves hit me. [Even though we DID have concrete evidence on EVERY point--receipts, emails, etc] I had to stop and make sure that I was feeling 'faith, not fear'........even though sometimes the physical body just 'takes over'. [I think that is why I don't feel great today]. If I felt like the court system would truly be just, I wouldn't have had any worries about Friday's court date at all--but it is NOT always just, and their lawyer is one of those that are very slick and slimey ( the kind that advertize on TV--'one call, that's all'....that will get their $$ suing and could care less about the outcome for their client, or the validity of their case--but will make a good show of silver tongued lying, and legal tricks--mainly just really good at every kind of delay tactic, which their rebuttal was. ) So, I was mentally prepared to not get our house back until after Christmas. Saturday the Ure's MOVED OUT!!!! We were going to court Friday to get a court order to MAKE them move--and they are GONE!!!! We are SO thankful!!! We haven't seen the inside damage yet--we want to talk to our lawyer first, and perhaps even have him go with us to view the property the first time, just to make sure that all is OK, and to assess damages. One's imagination is often worse that the real outcome........and I have been imagining a lot! HUGE blessing to have them moved out, anyway!

*Three fun things: First: Annie and Michael invited Lisa, Steve and I to go to the play "Honk" with them. It was so much fun. Cade and Brennan sat on Grandma and Grandpa's lap (I got Brennan until the second half, and then I got Cade. Cade is MUCH heavier than Brennan, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings by trading back for Brennan!!) Both of the boys were SO cute sitting there watching with such excitement every single act. I know that they didn't understand most of it.......but they loved it, clapping at all the right times and sitting so straight and tall, just looking and looking. I enjoyed looking at the back of their heads and watching them clap as much as I did watching the play. They were SO sweet! The play was very good and cute and well done, too.
Second: I got a huge package in the mail from Sara. I opened it, and there were a ton of gifts inside. I thought she must have sent ahead wedding/Christmas gifts as they were coming by plane. Annie said, "No, mom, those are all for you--Sara told me." I sat in my room and had my own marvelous Holiday opening up a whole host of fabulous gifts!! Not only were they fun to open, but fun things, too!!! [Painting set, sculpy, a good book to read, new slippers, hot chocolate, TWO shirts, a darling baby 'duckling'--(stuffed, of course)--well, a WHOLE box of new fun things!!] It was fun then, and fun today when I practiced with the painting set. I was not very good........!
Third: Thursday I get to take myself to Jenny (Clark's) hair salon to get a whole new 'do' courtesy of Allie!! Aren't I spoiled rotten???
And one more thing: It is only a few weeks away when ALL of you will be 'home'. My cup runneth over.....................

6 comments:

Alex said...

Is it true?!!! Kristen and I had been worried for the longest time about all of this and... that is truly amazing that they finally decided they should move out!

Lori Thornbrue said...

According to all of our neighbor's, yes, it is true!! We want to talk to our lawyer before we 'walk in'........

Michaelangelo said...

Yay yay yay yay yay!!! And thanks for going to the play with us! And I told you the package was for you! How fun! And how fun to get a pampering makeover from Angie this week! Hooray for good news!!

angel said...

Yay! I'm glad you had so many wonderful things happen all at once! That's fantastic!

Lori Thornbrue said...

I drove by tonight. I don't know what the inside looks like, as we can't go in yet. They still have TONS of stuff outside/a mattress/bbq, picnic table, dog run and house, garbage.....
The weeds are 3 feet tall and EVERYTHING is terribly overgrown. I was hoping to have time to get it all cleaned up....it could be a big 'hotel' for people coming, but I think it will still be too much of a mess.

Lloyd Family said...

Hooray!!! I will tell the kids that their fasting and prayers paid off!! It is nice to see results of such things!!!

We'll help clean it up when we are there. We'll have all day on Saturday.

Love you.