Friday, August 1, 2008

So sad

Last night dad got a late night call......the Bishop of 1st ward committed suicide.
Dad rushed over to the church (where it was said to have happened). He actually shot himself in the field right next to the church. The state presidency was all up at girls camp, but they rushed back to comfort the widow and their children. The wife said that she found the suicide note.
How sad for that family, and the ward, and the stake. I wonder what was so disparing?

Oh......we have a court date: Aug. 12th.

3 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Here I was picturing it in the office. It's so sad! I just can't imagine feeling so desperate or in such despair to do that. Nothing is worth ending your life over. The poor family! Hope you guys got some sleep last night. Love you.

Lloyd Family said...

How devastating for that family. I can't even imagine what they must be going through. I am glad, on the other hand, that there is not some crazy person shooting people in your neighborhood.

Allie Thornbrue said...

August 12th? I am glad it is that soon. Let's get your name in the temple!