Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Our 2nd major hike

The light was so beautiful

This was the easy part at the beginning

Beautiful bluebells

Gorgeous views

Loved the new spring growth

Most of the path followed the stream bed......sometimes the path WAS the stream bed

The light, the views, Ahhhh.........

Like walking through heaven

We rose to the 8500 foot level

Blurry, and only a part of him, but we saw quite of few of these--Horned toads?  Horned lizards?  Interesting whatever it is

Flowers were all over

On top of the world (well, one part of the world, anyway)

Gorgeous views

The light and shadow was gorgeous

Looking North toward Parley's canyon (the only road we could see from the top)

We had our own vision.

Another view

Gorgeous

Loved all the blooms

Looks like dad and I took almost the same picture!

Cute little stream

Dad, who when looking at this picture said, "I look just like my dad"

Little waterfall

Grand

Another waterfall

Dad and I went hiking up Mount Aire.  We had to hike 1 1/2 miles to the trail head, as the road up Mill Creek Canyon doesn't open until July 1st (weather permitting).  Then, in the next 2 miles, it rose 2000 feet.  Views were awesome, as were the flowers.  I only fell twice coming down, but now I own a walking stick!

4 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

Nice day.

Man,isn't it frustrating worrying about falling? My mom started having problems after she fell off her bike.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Yea, I fell off my bike, too. I don't like sliding or falling. One of the falls I actually tumbled over and over (not head over heals but hands and knees to back) twice. I was worried I couldn't stop! It was sooo steep. But, worth it (as I wasn't really hurt).

Michaelangelo said...

Gorgeous pictures! Gotta love being able to get out and enjoy nature! And glad you weren't seriously hurt!

Kristen said...

Pretty!!