Sunday, June 6, 2010

Camping!

I was sad to have forgotten my camera for our little camping trip. Since the camping trip started differently than expected (with a 5:30 am phone call saying, "Mom, I'm taking Michael to the hospital, can you please come?")---rather than a leisurely wake up and time to think and pack----I guess I can be forgiven for the 'forgotten camera'. 
Anyway.....Michael is fine:  it was a kidney stone.  What he said was, "All that pain and a trip to the hospital, and all I get is a bill..... [i.e., no baby to bring home]"  So true!

Here are things I would have taken a picture of:
Their little dog, Zippy--nose to nose with his folks BIG dog.  It was pretty cute.
Zippy chasing Michael's aunt's dog around the camp spot.  It was funny!
Cade and Brennan catching each other with their butterfly nets.
Cade, Brennan and EmmaRay with their bubble 'guns'.
Dad, Kristen and Alex catching fish. 
The back side of little boys 'watering' the bushes.  [It was pretty cute, really.]
Annie and EmmaRay taking a well deserved nap.
Everyone eating very sticky s'mores.
People roasting hot dogs.
Kristen, Alex and I playing cards.
Cade and Brennan riding the 4 wheelers.  (Looks fun.....I wish I had a turn!)

So, picture that in your mind--and it will have been a very nice camping blog!! 
P.S.  I got sunburned.

3 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

It was a lot of fun! Glad you could make it... and thanks again for coming over at 5:30am to rescue us. I'll have to post pics soon.
Love you!

2Grandmas2 said...

It sounds like fun. Mmmmmm, s'mores. (You painted a pretty good picture in words. I can really see those boys watering the bushes.)

Lance said...

Sounds like lots of fun to me!