Thursday, April 15, 2010

How wimpy of me!!!

Well, I lasted 2 weeks at Beehive clothing.  It is just not a job I can do.........It aches my hands, my eyes, my shoulders and neck.  (The hands are the worst, OUCH!)  But, it is the pay thing.  Today my GROSS pay would have been $34.  That is just not worth it.  The lady on the machine next to mine has done that SAME job for 20 years.  She said once they start you on a job, that is where you stay.  She is still at the $9/hour piece rate that I am at.  If you do something wrong, then you don't get paid for your bundle.  It is just not worth it........!  I would rather scrub toilets, work at McDonalds or dig ditches.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

So does that mean you did quit?

Lori Thornbrue said...

Yes sirree.......!

angel said...

HOORAY! I am so glad that you did!

Lloyd Family said...

Good for you. I quit one job after the first day. At least you lasted 2 weeks. Some things are just not worth it.

Allie Thornbrue said...

Well, that's a relief. I guess you could have come to stay longer. I wonder how much it would cost to change your flight...