Friday, April 9, 2010

Be thankful!

If you are someone that wears drilux garments......be thankful to the sewers of those underclothings!  It is thin, flimsy, gets sucked into the machine, stretches too much, and isn't the most fun fabric to sew.
Today I did 30 bundles of 20 garments (for 600, with 100% quality)    'Close right shoulder' is my designated title.  "This is Lori, close right shoulder."  That is how I am introduced.  [i.e. This is Judy, 'women's wasteband elastic']......
I, honestly, sewed just as fast as I could.  Six hundred is 1/3 the expected daily sewing 'requirement'.  For my first full day of sewing, they said that 30 was fantastic (well, of course, they didn't say those exact words.....but I filled in the appropriate adjective:)
I now have fantastic health insurance, dental insurance and eye insurance.  I can go to the Dr./Dentist/Chiropractor or Eye Dr for only $15.  I have NEVER had that in my entire adult life.....too bad that now I have insurance, I don't have the $15!  Ha! [Just kidding!]

6 comments:

2Grandmas2 said...

OK...thank you! ;o)

Stephanie said...

Cotton all the way here, but thanks from my mom :) Congrats on the whole health insurance stuff; what a relief, I'm sure. Are you still going to be able to sub?

angel said...

Congratulations on doing that many in a day. Wow!
Health insurance is nice. I do like being able to take the kids to the doctor and have an up-to-date prescription on my glasses and so forth. It's helpful!

Michaelangelo said...

Great, I'll clean your teeth for you :)

2Grandmas2 said...

I must admit that it took a couple of readings before I realized I wasn't supposed to thank the city waste water removal system...

Lloyd Family said...

Great job, mom. And yay for good health ins. That makes it almost worth it.