Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fun recipe (from Annie)


Annie brought these last Sunday and they were very delicious, so I tried them. Well, mine didn't turn out as pretty as hers, and I haven't eaten one of mine yet, so I don't know if they even taste good, but they are fun, anyway!
Bake a cake, any flavor. When it is cooked and cool, put it in a big bowl and mix it with your mixer until it is a mass of crumbs. Add one can (or a little less) of frosting. Mix well. Chill for a couple of hours until you can form them into balls. Freeze overnight. Next day, dip them in candy melts. Annie did multi colored (like orange with green tops to look like pumpkins). I did chocolate, and then I squeezed out yellow melted candy melts into rather messy patterns. (It was harder than I thought.) Anyway, with practice, they could be beautiful. Both Annie and I put them on Popsicle sticks. Made for easier dipping, too! (ie/strawberry cake and frosting dipped in chocolate and then drizzled with red....Or carrot cake and cream cheese frosting dipped in vanilla and decorated with orange dots or something. They make a little cake bite that is delicious! I made chocolate cake/chocolate frosting dipped in chocolate. I hope mine taste good?! Anyway, kind of fun and cute, too.

3 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

Sounds like a lot of work, but yummy.

Lori Thornbrue said...

By the way, in case anyone is interested, Dad LOVES these......:)

angel said...

How fun!