Sunday, April 26, 2009

I liked this recipe

I don't know how this is going to taste after sitting and blending the flavors overnight.....but I made the following for dinner (lentil soup and this salsa and chips).......but last night's taste test was fabulous. So, I thought I'd share. I rarely actually buy all of the ingredients for a recipe....but I made this EXACTLY. Hope you like it too.......refreshing!

2 cups freshly chopped pineapple
1 can beans, any kind, rinsed and drained (I used red beans).....pinto, kidney, garbanzo, etc.
1 can (8.5 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup chopped green, red, yellow or orange pepper or combination. (I used green and orange)
2 T chopped fresh cilantro. (I don't like cilantro, but it was good in this......I bought the real thing)
1-2 t seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
1/2 c finely chopped red onion
1/2 t grated lime peel
2 T lime juice.
Mix all together. Cover and chill to allow flavors to blend. Serve with grilled salmon and asparagus, or serve as a dip with tortilla chips or spoon over quesadillas or tacos. [We're using it as a dip with chips]

I think it is yummy!

5 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

What's the name of the recipe?

Lloyd Family said...

Sounds YUMMY!!!! I will have to try it. I love salsa.

Lori Thornbrue said...

/\Santa Fe Pineapple Salso

Lori Thornbrue said...

Oops spelled wrong: Santa Fe Pineapple Salsa!!! That is what it was called. It was very good after sitting over night.
For dessert I made pumpkin pie bars. For a drink I made fresh strawberries ground up with ice cubes and lemonade. Yummy!!! I also made these little puff pastry balls filled with garlic cheese that you dipped in sweet and sour sauce. They were yummy, too.....though not our favorite. I would try a milder filling. The sweet and sour sauce was GRAND.

Anonymous said...

I miss you today!!! Love you!!