Saturday, February 7, 2009

Well...

Well, I only lost the after mentioned game by 4 points, and dad and I had nearly 500 points each, so it was a good game.
Help me look into this Treaty that the US is thinking of signing with the UN. It is really, really scary. It has everything to do with the decline of the family. It is the treaty on the Rights of the Child or CRC. It, basically, says that the government would have authority to counter act any decision made for or on behalf of a child by a parent. Really scary stuff........
I have looked on the internet, and have found that it is real as far as I can tell. I just don't have any clue as to how to fight the UN. I can't really write my congressman, can I? Anyway........., does writing your congressman really do any good?

3 comments:

Michaelangelo said...

Writing to congressmen was the thing that postponed the CPSIA law... and I got an answer back from Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) that was pretty good. SCARY!!! Since when can the GOVERNMENT regulate what I do for MY kids? Sounds a bit Hitler-ish to me. I will keep my eyes open for this one.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Many times dad and I write to our congressmen, and we have gotten many letters back, but the bills seem to pass, anyway!

angel said...

Wow! It's been a long time since I've looked at the blogs! So sorry, everybody! It sure is hard to keep up with everything.
Congratulations, Mom, on a fantastic Scrabble game!
I love you!