Sunday, July 24, 2011

More from the Dog Lake Hike (post below)

 Tons of sweet peas. 
 Is there anything more sweet and delicate?
 Flowers, flowers, flowers
 This is a repeat of above, but blogger won't let me remove 'just one' picture, so look again!  It's pretty!
 The variety was amazing
 White columbine, pretty enough to frame
 Almost blinding yellow.  Below is the beautiful stream, again blogger isn't cooperating with a caption ability! 
Beautiful butterflies were flitting around, and the birds were singing.  Surprisingly, mainly robins.
There were dozens of different kinds of wildflowers

Many of them GIANT sized


I loved this:  A puffball of a flower.

We wanted to hike the 'circle' around, but got a bit lost.  One lady had a map and said, "Take a picture", so I did. On the way out of the canyon search and rescue were there rescuing a couple that got lost!  Glad it wasn't us!

Huge variety of shapes and sizes of leaves and flowers.

So many flowers, they even grew down the trail

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that you go hiking so much. It's so humid here, I consider a hike up our front steps a feat! :)

PS I sent out invites today for my blog. Let me know if you have issues still.

Kristen said...

Pretty flowers!!

Lloyd Family said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Nope, didn't get the invite to your blog :( I was getting some annoying and annon. people commenting, but I blocked all anonymous comments. Haven't had a problem since.

Stephanie said...

I sent another invite. I actually have you listed as already a viewer, but we'll try again.